Short Syllabus -- Math 3310 Differential Equations, Section 01 -- Fall 2019
Text: Differential Equations with Boundary-Value Problems, 9th ed. with WebAssign, by Zill, ISBN 9781337604901.
A scientific calculator is required.
See Canvas for full syllabus and other course materials.
Instructor: Dr. Edward Early
Office: JBWS 168C
Office Hours: M2, T9, W1
Home Page: http://edwarde.create.stedwards.edu/
- May be withdrawn for absences (WA) with 5 absences
- READ AHEAD in the book to be able to participate in class
- There is no such thing as an "excused" absence; you are in class or you are not
- Done online at https://webassign.net/
- Keep your work in a neatly organized journal for study purposes
- Some problems will be graded manually
- Should take about an hour to complete each assignment, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE
- No late work accepted (not even for athletes, illness, etc.)
- Lowest 3 grades dropped to compensate for not accepting late work and technical difficulties
- Three in-class exams, with calculator, see schedule
- No makeup exams, final exam score may substitute for missed exam/lowest score in addition to its 25%
- Open-book group quiz (counts as HW grade) before each test in addition to any homework due that day
- Comprehensive final exam, with calculator, check Registrar's schedule for date and time
Cheating (copying homework or test answers):
First offense gets a 0, second fails course.
- Three Exams: 48%
- Final Exam: 25%
- Homework/Quiz: 26%
- Free Point: 1% (any extra credit will be credited here)
- C (70-79) is average, B (80-89) is good, A (90-100) is exceptional
- Grades within 2 points of a cutoff (90, 80) will be considered for +/-. A+ is reserved for
consistently outstanding work.